Signs of preterm labor can be very scary. Did you show signs of preterm labor during your pregnancy? How were you treated? Sharing your stories can help other moms who are coping with signs of preterm labor to know what to expect. Share Your Stories
- I'm currently 29 weeks and had preterm labor that stopped last week. I was in the hospital for 3 days receiving antibiotics and probiotics due to an untreated uti and some sort of vaginal infection that I think may have something to do with a clot in my cervix they also found. I also received steroids. I wasn't dilated so no cerclage but now the infection is back with a vengeance and I'm cramping and having contractions and can't get my doctor on the phone...
- —Guest Bubblegum
23 weeks baby did not survive
- I started having minor abdominal pain before 23 weeks were over. The pain was minor until 2-3 days, increased all of sudden a Monday night 8 pm. By 2 am the next morning it was terrible and at regular intervals. I called my doctor at 2:30 am. She asked me to drink lot of water and see her next afternoon!! I went to her clinic at 9:30 a.m. but she was not in the clinic. Her nurse sent me to get a sonogram done. I was running around NYC with severe contractions. Later I was taken to the downtown hospital. I delivered vaginally at 12:30 pm and the baby died at 2:30pm. My heart cries day-in day-out. I have been given hope for a close monitoring for next time, progesterone injections and a cerclage. However, knowing the risk of having another preterm I don't want to leave it to careless doctors. Imbalance in hormones are what made me lose my child. The doctor never monitored my cervix closely even after making copies of all my PCOS reports and past history. Has anyone tries ayurveda for this?
- —Guest Div
I'm Expecting My Third.
- I'm expecting my third baby right now. My first was a full term baby, whilst my second was a preterm baby. My second was a 26 weeker weighing 800 gms. The age gap between my first and my second was 10 months difference. Now, knowing that I am pregnant with my third scares me. The gap between my second and third is quite near. I found out that I was pregnant when my second was only 6 months old.
I'm totally scared of another preterm. ;(
- —Guest Noor Azura
- I was assaulted at work and a week later I went into preterm labour. I was only 23 weeks pregnant at the time. I was admitted to the hospital and put on bedrest but no cerclage was put in. A few days later my membranes started to bulge and I was given Adalat 3 times a day. I stayed in the hospital for 9 weeks and my membranes ruptured at 32 weeks. My baby was healthy weighing 2.4kg (much bigger than expected) and is doing well. I would love to have another baby but I'm too afraid of complications and I would want to have a cerclage put in.
- —Guest Mellisa
- I have had 3 preterm babies. I had my first 4 weeks early, then my second at 6 weeks early, then my 3rd at 11 weeks early. I have just found out that I'm expecting again and I'm really worried.
- —Guest samantha jukes
2 premature babies.
- I just have to say that I am confused about if my second premature labor could have been prevented but wasn't. I had my first preemie at 24 weeks and thank God, he's alive and well. My 2nd child was born at 29 weeks and I was given progesterone throughout the pregnancy but I don't understand why they didn't give me a cerclage. The doctor and I had talked about getting one but it never happened. I ended up with an infection in my uterus and I had my 2nd child prematurely as well, though farther along. I just want to know if I'd had the cerclage if I would have gone full term. I want to know if I can ever have a healthy full term baby or if I should not have any more children.
- —Guest preemie.mommy.